Could KaraStar be the next play to earn winner?
Share this article
An editor at Coincrop
27 Jan 2022 | 6 min read
he play to earn space is getting very crowded and its increasingly difficult to pick the winners from the losers. KaraStar is a promising game from a Singapore team.
In this guide:
Disclaimer: All of the information written on Coincrop is without influence and based on our analysis. No guarantee is offered concerning the accuracy of this information and therefore, any individual following up on it does as such completely at their own risk. Rates are correct at time of publication.
What is KaraStar?
KaraStar is a decentralised blockchain game that combines play to earn, metaverse and NFT. The developers of KaraStar operate a digital world economy in which they sell digitam items and resources. Creators in this world can earn money. Additionally, fees are levied for creators to progress in the game.
The beta version of the game launched on 5th November 2021.
Who is the team behind KaraStar?
Based in Singapore, the project team developing KaraStar includes former employees from ROBLOX, Zynga and other blockchain experts.
What is Umy?
The token currency utilised in the game is known as UMY. At the time of writing each token is priced at $0.09.
The currency has a deflationary mechanism:
- When UMY circulation exceeds 2 billion, game rewards will be reduced to 75%
- When UMY circulation exceeds 5 billion, game rewards will be reduced to 50%
- When UMY circulation exceeds 6 billion, game rewards will be reduced to 25%
- When UMY circulation exceeds 8 billion, game rewards will be reduced to 1%
The total possible supply of UMY tokens is 500 million.
The easiest place to buy UMY tokens is on PancakeSwap.
The smart contract and associated token operates on the Binance Smart Chain blockchain.
How does the game work?
The Karaspace is split into 9 galaxies each representing different Karas’ abilities – these being nature (ghost, fair, dragon), Melee (poison, steel, rock) and Superpower (light, fire and electricity).
The Karas have several attributes:
• Speed – This represents the order of Karas’ attacks when participating in a battle.
• Morale – This relates to how important a Kara’s attack ability is in a critical strike.
• Skill – This is the amount of damage that can be caused in a battle.
• Health – The ability to withstand damages.
The characteristics of a Kara influence their attributes – these being eyes, ears, horn, mouth, back and tail.
A maximum of 4 skill cards be used in each turn.
Game fights take place in dungeons – these fights are with monsters. Treasure boxes, recover spots and keys can be found in the dungeons.
How can I make money with KaraStar?
Money can be made in KaraStar in several ways:
1) Explore dungeons to obtain a bonus
2) Collect rate pets
3) Take part in player vs player battles in order to win bonuses for ranking top
4) Advance the construction of block-related data
How do I get started?
As with all blockchain activity, you will require a wallet to get started – we recommend the MetaMask wallet. Users register at karastar.com and connect their wallet to the game.
In order to purchase the in-game currency UMY, you will require some BNB tokens which can then be exchanged for UMY using PancakeSwap.
BNB tokens can be obtained from centralised exchange Binance – these should then be transferred to your MetaMask wallet.
Game clients are available for Microsoft Windows, Android and iOS.
What is the contract address?
The contract address (on Binance Smart Chain) is 0x0522ecfe37ab2bdb5d60a99e08d1e8379bd35c00.